Wednesday 4 November 2015

Fortnum and Masons Orange hot chocolate drink


This is another of the Fortnum & Masons hot chocolate drink range and I'm not convinced I like this.  First time I tried it, I didn't like it at all.  Second time I tried it, it tasted slightly better but not much.  It's flaked chocolate (like the caramel one of their I like) and instructions say to use 2 tablespoons of the chocolate, heat up the milk in a pan and when hot, pour a little of the milk onto the chocolate and then mix into the paste, and then pour the rest of the milk in.  It has a strong taste in my opinion but I didn't like it at all.  A friend tried it and says that it tastes like a dark chocolate rather than a milk chocolate which may explain why I don't like it.   (But then the Harrods Mocha hot choc reminds me of a 70% chocolate and I like that one)
I'm not convinced.....!!

This can be purchased from Fortnums HERE and costs £15 a tin.

1 comment:

  1. Hmm... a beary good review. I make hot chococlate from scratch with cocoa powder and sugar. But I just mix that up in a mug, add a bit of milk, microwave for 30 seconds, add the rest of the milk and nuke it for 3 minutes. I'm not sure I'd have the patience for heating a pan of milk on the hob!

    ReplyDelete