Monday 2 November 2015

Mozartkugeln chocolates

These Mozartkugeln (Mozart sweets or Mozart balls) are one of my most favourite chocolates which I originally discovered over 30 years ago.  Whenever I see them in European duty free shops, I always make a point of buying at least one box!!!

These are spherical chocolates, with a pistachio centre, surrounded by chocolate marzipan, regular marzipan and an outer coating of milk chocolate, then wrapped in a gold foil wrapper.


There are several different packagings of these, in various boxes and tins, these shown here produced by the Mirabell company.

These items can be purchased (widely at European duty free and elsewhere) HERE which are the Mirabell Mozartkugeln, marketed on the boxes as "real" Mozartkugeln
The Furst manufacturer Mozartkugeln can be purchased from HERE which are the original chocolates, in silver foil wrapping.  I've never tried those ones - they don't seem to have the pistachio centre though - but considered it in the interest of fairness to include a related item with the same name!

History regarding the various names of the Mozartkugeln can be found in Wikipedia HERE


1 comment:

  1. Yum... I don't think I've ever had these but they sound delicious.

    ReplyDelete